CUSCO HEAD OFFICE
ADDRESS: Santa Catalina Ancha # 366 Int. 3-C
PHONE / FAX: ( + 51- 84 ) 240141 | 261818
E-Mail: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
WEB SITE: www.skyperu.com | www.gruposkyperu.com
3 DAY / 2 NIGHT INCA TRAIL
This variant of the Inca Trail, with Machupicchu as the final destination, is for people who have a good physical condition and who do not have enough time to do the classic hike. The trek, in all, is approximately 43 kilometres and lasts for 3 days, including a day of visiting the Machu Picchu Archaeological Ruins. The surrounding nature in the area is truly breathtaking. With breathtaking views of snow-capped mountains, this walk through the jungle in the midst of such amazing archaeological sites makes for an unforgettable experience.
Day 1: Cusco - Km 88 - Llulluchapampa (+ / - 9 hours walking)
At approximately 5:30 am, we will pick you up from your hotel and go by bus to mile 82. After passing the control point, we will start to walk alongside the Urubamba River until we reach the important archaeological ruins of Llactapata. Continuing the hike, we will continue until we reach Huayllabamba where we will have our lunch. We will trek for approximately 9 hours (a total of 18 kilometers) until we reach our first campsite in Lluchapampa.
Day 2: Llulluchapampa - Phuyupatamarca (+ / - 10 to 11 hours of walking)
The biggest challenge: 21 kilometres of climbing to traverse 2 high passes, including Warmiwañusca, with its' 4200 m, that is the highest point of the hike, we will have difficulty breathing being surprised by the stunning panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and glaciers, and the beautiful semi-tropical valley beneath us. The hike includes views of the archaeological sites of Runkurakay and Sayacmarca and Phuyupatamarka. We will set up our camp in Phuyupatamarca.
Day 3: Phuyupatamarca - Machupicchu - Cusco
After breakfast we will depart towards Inti Punku (the Sun Gate), the entrance to the ancient Incan city, Machupicchu, passing by the illustrious Wiñaywayna along the way. From this point is an unforgettable experience; after descending down the final slope to the magical ruins, we will have a guided tour of the site for approximately 2 hours. In the afternoon, you will take the train back to Cusco, arriving around 20:30 hrs, where we'll then transfer you back to your hotel.
OUR SERVICE INCLUDES:
1. Transfer upon arrival from airport or bus terminal in Cusco to your hotel
2. Information and maps related to the trek
3. Transfer from your hotel in Cusco to Km 82
4. Entrances to Inca Trail and Machupicchu
5. Personal tents, we put 2 persons in every 4 person tent
6. Personal Insulator (camping mattress)
7. Dining Tent
8. Kitchen Tent
9. Professional, bilingual Tour Guide
10. Additional secondary guide for groups with more than 9 passengers
11. Food during the trek (3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners)
12. Porters (staff to carry all the camping equipment and food)
13. Cook (who prepares the food)
14. First aid kit, blood pressure gauge, oxygen tank
15. Biodegradable bathroom
16. Other: boiled water to fill your bottles in the morning and night, and if required, at lunchtime
17. Camping equipment (kitchen equipment)
18. Bus down from Machupicchu to the village of Aguas Calientes
19. Backpacker train ticket from Aguas Calientes back to Cusco
20. Reconfirmation of airline tickets
21. Transfer upon arrival, from the train station back to your hotel in Cusco
22. Departing transfer from your hotel to the airport or bus terminal in Cusco
OUR SERVICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
1. Breakfast on Day 1, lunch or dinner on Day 3
2. Sleeping bag
3. Visit to the Hot Springs, located 10 minutes from the village of Aguas Calientes
4. Gratuities (Tips)
Discount of $ 38.00 dollars to students with International Student Identification Cards (ISIC Card)
Discount of $ 38.00 for children between the ages of 8 and 15 years old (send us a copy of the passport)
Discount of $ 78.00 dollars for children under 7 years of age (send us a copy of the passport)
ADDITIONAL OPTIONS FOR RENT:
An extra porter (for up to 16 kilos) for the personal equipment of the passengers
Inflatable mattress for $ 15.00 dollars for the entire trek
Sleeping bag- $ 11.00 dollars for the entire trek
Backpack- $ 15.00 U.S. dollars for the entire trek
Vegetarian Option (free) if you make a request prior to the departure
If you would like to return in the Vistadome Train (First Class) it will cost $ 40.00 dollars more per person.
Note: It is necessary to bring the passport to Cusco with you, with which you made the reservation, even if that means bringing an old, invalid passport. We should be informed if you are planning on changing your passport, or if it is changed for unforeseen circumstances.
Note: Any changes in prices by the authorities who run entry to archaeological sites will be communicated in advance.